Monday, February 27, 2012

Hippie loaf and Color Run

Today was a very...shall I say...interesting...food experience day. I made mashed potatoes with no-meat loaf. I will admit it wasn't horrible...but it wasn't great either. I don't love the Earth Balance butter and everyone knows butter makes the mashed potatoes! And as far as the no-meat loaf goes, I think it would have been 100 times better if I would have sauteed the veggies before I put it all together. That being said I would love to share the recipe...regardless of how much I liked it...simply because I think that it could definitely be made into something delicious, it just needs some tweaking!

So here it is! http://happyherbivore.com/recipe/hippie-loaf-gluten-free/

I got it from the Happy Herbivore website and there is a ton of veggie goodness exuberating from this site.

On a different note...
I started training for my 5k today! My ultimate goal is to be able to run a marathon...but baby steps ya know? So I am starting out with training for a 5k then over the next few years I want to work my way ALL the way up to a marathon. The one I plan on running is May 26 in Denver. Its the Color Run 5k! Ohmygod it looks like so much fun. They pelt you with paint, what could be better?!

http://thecolorrun.com/colorado/

It is in quite a few cities so if you are a runner...or a walker...or a anything-er you should totally check it out. It is going to be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment